Welcome to www.oneteaspoon.com.au (the Website). The Website is owned and operated by Pink Factory Pty Ltd, trading as OneTeaspoon (referred to below as OneTeaspoon, we and us).
2. Website Material
- 2.1 The Website Material is derived from sources which we believe to be accurate and up to date as at the date of publication. We nevertheless reserve the right to update this information at any time. Except as required by law, we give no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and make no representations, in relation to the Website Material. In particular, while care has been taken in creating this Website, OneTeaspoon does not warrant or represent that:
- 2.1.1 the Website Material is accurate, complete, up to date or suitable for any purpose; or
- 2.1.2 the Website itself is free from any computer viruses or other defects
3. Suspension of Service
- 3.1 No representation or warranty of availability
OneTeaspoon does not represent or warrant that your access to the Website will be continuous or uninterrupted.
- 3.2 Suspension of service
- 3.2.1 OneTeaspoon may from time to time suspend operation of the Website..
- 3.2.2 Where possible, OneTeaspoon will place a notice in advance on its Website of the time and duration of any interruption to or suspension of the Website. OneTeaspoon does not represent or warrant that it will do so on every occasion, on any particular occasion or any occasion at all.
4. Your responsibilities
- 4.1 When using this Website, you must not:
- 4.1.1 infringe any intellectual property right (including copyright, database right or trade mark right) or the privacy of any person or be in breach of any legal duty owed to any person, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- 4.1.2 reproduce any Website IP (as defined under heading 6 below) without our express written permission, which we may grant or withhold at our absolute discretion;
- 4.1.3 seek reimbursement from any other person for access to the Website or on-sell any information obtained from the Website;
- 4.1.4 engage in any conduct which is likely to mislead or deceive us or any other person, impersonate any other person while using the Website, conduct yourself in an offensive manner while using the Website, or use the Website for any illegal, immoral or harmful purpose;
- 4.1.5 submit, post, upload, email or otherwise send or transmit to the Website, or any user of the Website, anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly to the Website; or
- 4.1.6 interfere with the Website or the servers or networks underlying or connected to the Website or violate any of the procedures, policies or regulations of the Website or any networks connected to the Website.
We use our reasonable endeavors to minimise viruses and bugs from infiltrating the Website, however, due to the nature of the internet, the Website may be affected by viruses or bugs from time to time. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of the Website or any linked website.
6. Intellectual Property
- 6.1 The entire contents and design subsisting in, relating to or arising out of the Website and available through or in connection with the Website including but not limited to copyright, logos, trade marks, designs, text, graphics, images, information, applications and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the Website IP) are the intellectual property of us, our content providers or our licensors, with all rights reserved.
- 6.3 Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this Website only for your personal, non-commercial use. You are authorised to:
- 6.3.1 print a copy of any information contained on this Website for your personal use; and
- 6.3.2 store a copy of the Website Materials on your computer for the sole purpose of viewing the Website Materials, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact.
7. Acceptance of risk and release from liability
- 7.1 Subject to clause 7.2, you are wholly responsible for your use of the Website and you use the Website at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied representations and warranties which might apply in relation to your use of the Website.
- 7.2 You may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law in respect of any goods or services supplied to you under or through the Website. If so, our liability to you is limited to, at our election:
- 7.2.1 in the case of goods supplied to you by us, replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods, repairing the goods, paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- 7.2.2 in the case of services supplied or offered by us, the supply of the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
- 7.3 Otherwise, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither OneTeaspoon nor any of its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, information providers, suppliers, associated entities or clients will be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including consequential loss or damage) to any person or entity, however caused (whether by negligence or otherwise), which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any Website Material or otherwise as a result of or in connection with the use of this Website or any Website Material.
8. Links to other websites
The Website may contain links to third party sites. Access to any other internet site linked to the Website is at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made in any third party sites. Linked websites are responsible for their own terms and conditions of use.
9. Applicable law
- 9.2 This Website may be accessed in Australia and overseas. OneTeaspoon makes no representation that the content provided by this Website complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Website from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the Website.
11. Contacting us
Telephone (02) 9907 1144 (for callers within Australia)
+61 2 9907 1144 (for callers outside Australia)
8 Powells Road,
Brookvale NSW 2100
ONLINE SHOPPING TERMS
These Online Shopping Terms contain important information about the ordering, purchase and delivery of goods sold online by OneTeaspoon to consumers, including limitations of liability.
Please contact us (details above) if you have any queries about these terms.
- 1. General
- 1.1 These Online Shopping Terms apply to the sale of goods by OneTeaspoon to you on the Website. You will be bound by the Online Shopping Terms when you submit an order through the Website.
- 1.2 Your rights under the Online Shopping Terms are in addition to, and do not in any way limit, your rights under the Australian Consumer Law which may not be lawfully excluded. All other terms, conditions, guarantees and liabilities which are not expressly included in these Online Shopping Terms are excluded.
2. Placing orders
- 2.1 Orders placed through the Website are an offer by you to purchase the relevant item/s for the price specified on the Website (plus GST and any Delivery Fee) at the time the order is placed.
- 2.2 Each order placed is a separate contract between you and OneTeaspoon for the supply of items under these Online Shopping Terms. Items purchased are for personal and non-commercial use only.
- 2.3 We reserve the right to accept or reject orders placed with us. If we reject an order, we will let you know why within 5 business days and refund any money that you have paid us.
- 2.4 Although we make every effort to keep sufficient stock of items listed on the Website, occasionally we encounter unforeseen supply problems or sell out of certain products and sizes due to unexpected demand. If we are out of stock of an item that you have ordered, you will be notified by email. Refunds for out of stock items will be processed as quickly as possible, but may take up to three business days.
- 2.5 If we accept an order, that constitutes an agreement by us to supply the items in accordance with these Online Shopping Terms.
- 2.6 Where you place separate orders with us, these cannot combined into one.
- 2.7 Sale items are only available at the sale price during the relevant sale period.
- 2.8 Pre-orders. Will be available soon.
- 2.9 Errors in ordering. If you made a mistake with your order, please contact customer service no more than 30 minutes after your order was placed by calling (02) 9907 1144 (for callers within Australia) or +61 2 9907 1144 (for callers outside Australia) between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. If your order was placed outside of business hours, please contact us by 9.30am on the following business day. We will do our best to update your order before the items are shipped, but we cannot guarantee that this will be possible. However, you can return the items (subject to our returns policy – see section 5 below).
- 2.10 Item descriptions and sizing.You acknowledge and agree that:
- (a) computer resolutions and monitors may render colours differently to how they appear in real life;
- (b) you will check that the description and sizing of items is suitable for your needs before submitting any order; and
- (c) any accessories featured with items shown on the Website are for illustrative purposes only unless stated otherwise.
- 2.11 Website errors. We reserve the right not to honour incorrect offers on the Website that result from genuine human or system errors (including where an item's description, price or image is inaccurate).
- 2.12 We take all reasonable steps to verify that the orders placed and payment details provided are legitimate. As such we have the right to cancel and refund your order if you do not fulfil the requirements of our online credit card verification. In such scenarios we will notify you via email or phone using the details you have provided.
3. Terms of payment
- 3.1 Prices
All prices are correct at the time of their online publication, but are subject to change without notice.
All prices listed on this site are in Australian dollars (including GST), and charged to your credit card in Australian dollars. The bank that has issued your credit card determines the exact exchange rate at the time of purchase. To get an estimate of the current rate visit XE.com - Foreign Exchange Rate Calculator
Pricing on this website may differ from prices available elsewhere.
- 3.2 Terms of Payment
Items must be paid for at the time of sale or they will not be shipped.
We accept Visa, MasterCard credit card payments as well as PayPal payments. We do not accept personal cheques, money orders or direct bank transfers. Your account is charged once you click Complete Order at the check out.
Only one credit card can be used for each order.
- 3.3 Store Credit
Store credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and will expire after 12 months.
To use a store credit, sign into your ONEXONETEASPOON account; you will see your store credit on the "My Account" page. Upon checking out, the store credit will automatically be deducted from your total. If you do not use the entire store credit the balance will go back into your ONEXONETEASPOON account to be used on future purchases.
Store credit cannot be transferred to another person or account.
Store Credit may be used to purchase gift cards to our store. Any purchase amounts that exceed the value of the Store Credit will require an additional method of payment for the remaining balance due.
Store credit is provided in AUD dollars
To view your Store Credit Balance, log into your ONEXONETEASPOON account. Your Store Credit balance will be displayed on the My Account page.
We take all reasonable steps to verify that the orders placed and payment details provided are legitimate. As such we have the right to cancel and refund your order if you do not fulfil the requirements of our online credit card verification. In such scenarios we will notify you via email or phone using the details you have provided.
- 4.1 Australian domestic orders
- 4.1.1 Shipping times
With the exception of homewares (see under heading 4.1.3 below), shipping times for domestic orders depend on the method of delivery selected as follows:
- (a) Standard shipping
Standard orders are charged at a flat rate of $10.00. Shipping times vary from 3-9 business days depending on your location. For more information or to track an order you have already placed with us call 02 9907 1144 or email email@example.com
- (b) Express shipping
Express orders are charged at a flat rate of $18.00. Shipping times vary between 1-3 business days depending on your location. For more information or to track an order you have already placed with us call 02 9907 1144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shipping times are also subject to clause 4.3 and 4.4 below.
- 4.1.2 General delivery information
As deliveries are made by registered courier and require a signature upon delivery, we are not able to ship to PO boxes.
If you are having your parcel delivered to a business address, please give all relevant details such as business name, level and/or suite number.
Orders are delivered between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Deliveries are not available on weekends.
After your payment is authorised and verified, it can still take up to two days to process your order. This doesn't include weekends or holidays.
In the event that an item in your order is unavailable, the processing time may vary.
You will receive a shipping confirmation email with your consignment (tracking) number once your order is ready for shipping. If you have any queries about your delivery after the item has been shipped, please contact the relevant carrier directly with your consignment number.
Risk and title to the items purchased by you on the Website passes to you when we provide the items to our delivery agent.
All delivery methods require a signature from the customer upon receipt of the parcel. If there is no one available to accept your order, you will need to contact the relevant carrier to arrange pick up (often from the carrier’s depot) or re-delivery. OneTeaspoon accepts no liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including any indirect or consequential loss or damage) to you or any other person that is caused by missed deliveries or re-delivery.
- 4.1.3 Homewares
We currently only ship large homewares items (cushions and wall décor) to Australian capital cities and major metropolitan areas.
Furniture is available for pick up from our warehouse only.
Customers outside major metropolitan areas (or who wish to buy furniture) may be able to organise their own courier. Please contact our Customer Service Team before placing your order to confirm whether this is possible.
- 4.2 International orders – shipped from Australia
- 4.2.1 General
We ship internationally from Australia to the following countries:
- Christmas Island (Australia)
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands (Australia)
- New Calendonia (france)
- New Zealand
- Niue (NZ)
- Norfolk Island (Australia)
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- Tokelau (NZ)
We currently only ship large homewares items (cushions and wall décor) to Australian capital cities and major metropolitan areas. Furniture is available for pick up from our warehouse only.
- 4.2.2 Estimated shipping times for international orders
International orders are shipped with TNT. Subject to clauses 4.3 and 4.4 below, we estimate that it will take approximately 1 – 3 weeks from the date that your order is shipped for international orders to be delivered, depending on your location.
International shipping is charged at a flat rate of $29.95. Delivery times are a guide only and OneTeaspoon accepts no responsibility for any loss or inconvenience suffered by customers due to any delays in delivery.
See under heading 4.1.2 above for general delivery information.
Click here for more information or to track an order you have already placed with us, using the consignment number sent to you by email when the order is dispatched from our warehouse.
- 4.2.3 Customs and import duties
All applicable customs and import duties and fees will not be charged by OneTeaspoon. Some countries may require additional fees paid Collect on Delivery (COD), please contact your local customs office for detailed informaton on charges that may be incurred. These fees are paid to the local carrier and are not collected by Australia.
Customs authorities require that we state the value of your order directly on your order. Customs agents have the right to release or deny release of your order, and in unusual cases may delay delivery.
- 4.3 Sale periods
During busy sale periods, dispatch times for orders may vary up to three weeks. We will post regular updates on shipping delays on the website.
- 4.4 Delivery delays
OneTeaspoon is not liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including any indirect or consequential loss or damage) to you or any other person that is caused by a change in the delivery timeframes set out above, or any delivery delays.
- 5.1 Returns
Subject to the exceptions below, if you are not happy with an item you have received, we will issue you with a store credit if you return the item to us in the manner set out below. Items cannot be exchanged. We do not provide refunds unless an item is faulty.
The following items cannot be returned unless they are faulty:
- earrings, bodysuits, bodices and intimates (for hygiene reasons);
Delivery Fees are not refundable.
Returns for store credit will be processed free of charge. Original shipping charges are non-refundable. You will be issued store credit via email and is accessible via ‘MY ACCOUNT’
- 1. If you have an account, click here to log into your account.
- 2. If you don’t have an account and checked out as a guest, click here and enter your order number and last name to find your order.
- 3. Once you have found your order, click the "Return This Order" button
- 4. Select the order or item(s) you would like to return and indicate the reason for your return. Please note the above returns policies as your return may be rejected and returned to you and store credit not issued if your goods do not comply with the above return requirements.
- 5. Choose a return for store credit. Please note that original shipping charges are non-refundable.
- 6. Await notification as to whether your return has been authorised. You will receive email notification of this with further instructions on completing your return.
- 7. If your return has been authorised please send your parcel back to the address below following the same format. Please ensure that you either print a copy of your Return Authorisation email or clearly mark your parcel is yours when we receive it. We suggest using a trackable shipping service to return your goods. We are not responsible for duties or taxes or any other fees when sending back to us.
- 8. You must return your items to the address below within 30 days from the day you received your package. Please write your order # on the outside of the package. You will receive your Store credit once your return has been processed and approved. This may take up to 7 days. Unfortunately we cannot refund duties, taxes or shipping charges.
- ONEXONETEASPOON RETURNS
- Order #____________
- 8 Powells Road
- Brookvale NSW 2100
Once we have received the item/s, we will issue a credit voucher if:
- (a) we receive the relevant item(s) within 30 days from the day you receive your order; and
- (b) the item is in its original condition, unworn, unwashed (including dry cleaning), with all labels, tickets and (to the extent possible) original packaging intact.
- (i) All footwear returns must include all tags and shoe bag in its original condition
- (ii) All swimwear returns must have hygiene liners still intact and hang tags attached.
The store credit will be issued via email address used to place the order and is accessible via ‘My Account’. The store credit will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue for use on the Website.
6. Liability and Indemnity
- 6.1 Necessary Authority
If you make purchases using the Website you acknowledge and warrant to OneTeaspoon that:
- 6.1.1 you have the full capacity and authority to engage in the transactions you undertake;
- 6.1.2 you will be liable for all costs, fees, charges and other amounts which may become due to OneTeaspoon as a result of the use of the Website;
- 6.1.3 you are properly authorised to provide OneTeaspoon with any information which you provide to OneTeaspoon and that you are not breaching any obligation of confidence or any requirement of any applicable law relating to the privacy of personal information by providing the information to OneTeaspoon; and
- 6.1.4 all information you provide to OneTeaspoon is true and complete to the best of your knowledge.
You must indemnify OneTeaspoon upon demand against the full amount (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis) of any costs, loss or damage suffered by OneTeaspoon as a result of a breach of any of these warranties.
- 6.2 No Exclusion of Australian Consumer Law
OneTeaspoon acknowledges that under the Australian Consumer Law, certain conditions and warranties may be implied into these Online Shopping Terms and rights may be conferred upon you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Nothing in these Online Shopping Terms, whether express or implied, shall be taken to exclude, restrict or modify any such non-excludable conditions, warranties or rights.
- 6.3 Limitation of Liability
- 6.3.1 Without limiting any other provision of these Online Shopping Terms, OneTeaspoon's liability to you is limited, at OneTeaspoon's option, to the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or the payment of the cost of acquiring equivalent goods.
- 6.3.2 You agree and acknowledge that OneTeaspoon accepts no liability or responsibility arising for any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of profit, loss of opportunity and any form of economic loss), damage or expense of any kind or nature. You release and forever discharge OneTeaspoon from any such responsibility and liabilities and any claims, demands or causes of action in respect thereof.
- 6.3.3 OneTeaspoon accepts no liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including any indirect or consequential loss or damage) to you or any other person that is caused by inaccurate or complete personal information provided by you when signing up to the OneTeaspoon website or ordering products from us.
- 6.3.4 Any liability we have to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of these Online Shopping Terms will be reduced or limited to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage.
- 7.1 When you place an order, OneTeaspoon collects your personal information to process and deliver that order. We may also use your information to contact you with information about us and our products and services (including promotions, special offers and events). Your consent to receiving this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise, but you can opt out at any time by contacting us (details below).
- 7.2 Your personal information may also be disclosed to our service providers for these purposes (including our delivery providers, marketing agencies, website operators and information technology providers), but it is not likely to be disclosed to overseas recipients. If you don't provide the personal information requested, we will not be able to process your order.
- (a) how you may access and correct the personal information we hold about you; and
- (b) how you may complain about a breach of privacy and how we will deal with privacy complaints.
- 7.4 If you have any queries about privacy, please email us at email@example.com or call us on (02) 9907 1144 (for callers within Australia) or +61 2 9907 1144 (for callers outside Australia).
8. Definitions & interpretation
- Australian Consumer Law means Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Copyright Act means the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Delivery Fee means the fee charged for the delivery under clause 4 of the Online Shopping Terms.
- GST means the goods and services tax imposed by the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax Imposition - General) Act 1999 (Cth).
- Personal information has the meaning given in the Privacy Act.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Website Material means any information, content or materials that are located on, form part of or are available through or in connection with the Website.
- Website means this website, located at the URL www.oneteaspoon.com.au.
- You and your are references to the person accessing or using this Website.
- 8.2.1 the word 'includes' in any form is not a word of limitation; and
- (a) a statute includes regulations under it and consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of any of them;
- (b) a person includes a firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation or other corporate body;
- (c) a person includes the legal personal representatives, successors and assigns of that person;
- (d) '$' or 'dollars' is a reference to Australian dollars;
- (e) the singular includes the plural and vice versa; and a gender includes the other genders.
Updated 21 January 2014
- 1.1 General
- Pink Factory Pty Ltd, trading as OneTeaspoon (OneTeaspoon, we, us, our) is committed to protecting your personal information, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act and applicable health privacy laws.
- This Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal information. By 'personal information' we mean information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable (for example, your name, email address and phone number).
2. What we collect
- 2.1 General
The type of personal information that we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. For example, if you:
- make an in-store purchase, we may collect your credit card details and purchase details
- create an online account with us (which you must to do make an online purchase), we will collect your name, email address and password, and we may collect your phone number and address
- make an online purchase, we will use your online account information and collect details of the order you place, shipping address, billing address (if different from shipping address), phone number, payment information and credit voucher details (if applicable)
- sign up for our newsletter, we will collect your email address; name, and we may collect your phone number, address, age and sex
- visit our stores or corporate premises, we may collect video and sound recordings of you through surveillance cameras
- attend a OneTeaspoon function or event, we will collect your name, contact details and any dietary and/or accessibility requirements
- enter a OneTeaspoon competition or promotion, we will collect your name, contact details and any other information you provide when submitting your entry
- work for a supplier, we may collect details such as your name, job title, address, telephone number and email address
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback, we may collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
- apply for a job with us, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your cover letter, resume, contact details and referee details
- 2.2 Sensitive information
We only collect sensitive information (such as health information) where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented, or we are required or authorised by law to do so.
- 2.3 Collection of information other than personal information through our website
When you visit our website, some of the information that is collected about your visit is not personal information, as it does not reveal your identity.
- Site visit information
- For example, we record your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visited, any documents you downloaded, the previous site you visited and the type of device, browser and operating system you used.
- We use and disclose this information in anonymous, aggregated form only, for purposes including statistical analysis and to help us identify the most effective areas of the website and improve the less popular ones. You are not individually identified, however we reserve the right to use or disclose this information to try to locate an individual where we reasonably believe that the individual may have engaged in any unlawful or inappropriate activity in connection with our website, or where we are otherwise required or authorised by law to do so.
- A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies we use do not identify individual users, although they do identify the user's internet browser.
- Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website.
3. How we collect personal information
- 3.1 Methods of collection
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
3.2 Collection notices
Where we collect personal information about you, we will take reasonable steps to provide you with certain details about that collection (such as why we are collecting the information and who we may share it with). We will generally include this information in a collection notice.
- in person (for example, if you make an in-store purchase)
- through our website (for example, if you sign up for our newsletter, create an online account or order items online)
- through our social media pages
- over the telephone
- through written correspondence (such as letters, faxes and emails)
- on hard copy forms (for example, competition entry forms)
- through surveillance cameras (if you visit a store or our corporate premises)
4. Why we collect personal information
- 4.1 General
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to:
- process transactions for products or services, both in-store and online and to deliver products and services
- operate our loyalty program
- promote ourselves and our products and services, including through direct marketing, events, competitions and social media (see under heading 4.2 below)
- procure products and services for our business
- perform research and statistical analysis, including for marketing, customer satisfaction, product development and service improvement purposes
- protect the security of our offices, stores, staff, customers and merchandise (including fraud and loss prevention)
- answer queries and resolve complaints
- recruit staff and contractors
- 4.2 Direct marketing and opting out
We may use your personal information to let you know about us and our products and services (including promotions, special offers and events), either where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. We may contact you for these purposes in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, SMS, telephone, social media or online advertising.
- Where you have consented to receiving marketing communications from us, your consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. However, you can opt out at any time, by:
- contacting us (details under heading 10 below)
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (such as emails, SMSes and MMSes)
5. Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out under heading 4, including:
6. Cross border disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to third parties located overseas in the following situations:
7. Data quality and security
- 7.1 General
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in electronic databases, email contact lists, and in paper documents held in drawers and cabinets. Paper files may also be archived in boxes and stored offsite in secure facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose permitted by the APPs.
- 7.2 Security
- The steps we take to secure the personal information we hold include website protection measures (such as firewalls and anti-virus software), security restrictions on access to our computer systems (such as login and password protection), controlled access to our corporate premises and restriction of access to personal information on our systems to staff who need the information to perform their roles.
- While we endeavour to protect the personal information and privacy of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact us by telephone or post (details under heading 10 below).
- If you have an online account with us, you can also help to protect the privacy of your personal information by maintaining the confidentiality of your password and by ensuring that you log out of the website when you have finished using it. In addition, if you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Third party websites
8. Access and Correction
Please contact us (details under heading 10 below) if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may require you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
- 8.1 Access
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you. If you have an online account with us, you can also access your account information by logging into your account through our website.
- 8.2 Correction
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information. If we refuse to correct personal information in the manner you have requested, you may ask us to associate your request with the information and we will take reasonable steps to do so.
- 8.3 Timeframe
Except in the case of more complicated requests, we will endeavour to respond to access and correction requests within 30 days.
If you have a complaint about how we have collected or handled your personal information, please contact us (details under heading 10 below).
We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take any steps necessary to resolve the matter within a week. If we are not able to do so, we will ask you to submit your complaint in writing.
In most cases, we expect to investigate written complaints and provide a response within 30 days of receipt. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see here for further information).
10. Our contact details
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information. Our contact details are set out below.
Mail: OneTeaspoon Privacy
8 Powells Road
Brookvale NSW 2100
Telephone: (02) 9907 1144 (for callers within Australia)
+61 2 9907 1144 (for callers outside Australia)
11. Changes to this Policy